Your privacy is important to us and we believe in providing you with full disclosure about the kinds of information we gather and what we do with it. We also want to give you a choice about the use of your personal information.
Personally Identifiable Information
This is information you may have provided to us specifically about who you are:
- name, company name, mailing address, email address, phone number, etc.
- demographic information (such as age and gender)
- your interests and preferences
- transactional information (such as the history of your purchases or payment specifics)
We may use the information in these ways:
We use your name and address (postal and/or email) to deliver the product, information or service you requested and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., invoice, etc). We may also send you further information about the product or service you originally inquired about or signed up for, its offers, or other products produced under its name. We use the information you provide us about others to enable us to send them your service(s) or product(s).
Your personal information will not be made available to other organizations unless you OPT-IN.
Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options — not for marketing purposes.
This is information obtained while you visit our websites that cannot personally identify you, such as:
- System Information. The type of operating system you are using (eg. Windows, Mac OS, Linux), the domain name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (eg. AOL) and the type of browser you are using (eg. Chrome, Internet Explorer). Browser information (i.e., the URL of the web page you were just on, the IP address of the computer you are using and your domain type) is automatically recorded as part of transmitting information over the Internet. We may use it to help us display information in the best format for you.
- A cookie is a small text file we place in your browser’s files. No one else can read this file. Cookies allow our server to recognize you when you return to our site, so you don’t have to re-register and so we can retain any preferences you may have given us. If you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to be alerted when a cookie is sent to your computer, so you can decide whether to accept it.
- Statistical Reports. We may develop summary reports to help us better understand our audience and provide web content and advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you. For example, we may report total number of visitors to our site in general or to specific pages, average length of visit, etc. No identifying data about individuals would be reported.
- “Clickstream” Data. During your visit to our sites, we may record choices you have made and use this to provide more customized content or advertising. The data does not identify you and is not retained after your visit. This is sometimes called “clickstream” data. If we do market research studies or polls in any area that will only be reported in aggregate, this will be indicated.
You Have Control of Your Personal Information
You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, information or service you requested. See “Contact Us”.
E-mail communications will always include an “Unsubscribe” option.
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Only authorized individuals and suppliers have access to customer information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all customer information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service.
You may contact Odvod Media Corp. regarding privacy matters in any one of the following ways:
Odvod Media Corp.
10221 – 123 Street NW.
Edmonton, Alberta T5N 1N3
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees our personal information handling practices. If any privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance: