Five Reasons Why Website Video is a Must-have
On the web today, everything is about video. A bold statement? Maybe. The truth? Definitely. No longer are people going online expecting to simply read new information — they also want to absorb it via the wonderful medium of video. If you have yet to incorporate video on your business’s website, here are a couple of reasons why you might want to consider doing so:
- Video Explains Things Easily – Have you ever visited a website and been greeted by an article a mile long, that you wouldn’t even dream of taking the time to read? Join the club, friend. Fact: watching video requires less effort than reading an article. Considering the short attention span of most Internet users, there’s a better chance that potential customers will watch a video on your website than read a lengthy written post.
- It’s More Entertaining – If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. Short, well-crafted videos are fun, interesting to watch and captivating. Video gives your business a chance to tell a detailed story — a story you can use to inform, educate or entertain your potential customers. Everyone loves a good story. And a good video.
- Video Updates Your Image – As technology advances, it’s important that your company stay on the edge, and at the moment, that edge is video. Using video is clear proof that your company is dynamic and in-the-know.
- Video Travels Well – Videos are ready-to-spread. You can link to them on Facebook, Twitter or in your email newsletter. Approximately three billion videos are viewed on YouTube every day — you can’t tell me you don’t want a piece of that action!
- Search Engines Love Video – So give them what they want. Including video on your website helps improve your site’s SEO (search engine optimization) and helps propel it up those Google rankings, increasing traffic to your site. (In addition, placing your video on YouTube is a golden move because as of January 2012, it is the third-most visited website on the web, after Google and Facebook).
Video is a valuable medium to add to your marketing arsenal, and using it in addition to written pieces and static imagery helps create a stronger web of communication. Give your audience more options for how it can receive the information you’re sharing and ultimately your marketing will be more effective.